Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Tatums Do The Big Apple!

My cousin Kristie and her husband Trent came to visit for a long weekend. They have never been to New York before so it has been so much fun to see it through thier eyes and experience it for the first time again.
They are staying with Trent's Cousin, Jordan, in Queens. Unfortunately I have not been able to see everything with them but it has been fun hearing about what I missed. They went to see "The Nightmare Before Christmas" in 3-D on Friday night. I think they look pretty hot in their glasses!
I was able to spend all of Saturday and Sunday with them. It rained most of the day so we decided to get tickets to a show. We got to see RENT! It was wonderful. It my first time to see it in New York so I was so excited. Jordan is an even bigger broadway fan than me so it was lots of fun to learn about all things Broadway from him. I am pretty sure Kristie and Trent enjoyed thier first broadway experience.
Yes! We saw Wicked too! Kristie and Trent originally wanted to see Wicked but it is pretty hard to get affordable tickets to it so we decided to try our luck at the lottery. I have tried about 10 times before and never won. We were all very excited when Jordan's name was called. That meant that Kristie and Trent were going to see Wicked for about half the price of the cheepest ticket. The best part was that the tickets were for the front row! Luckily Jordan heard the man behind him(that won tickets too)say that he already had tickets. So, lucky for us we were able to buy the man's tickets and all 4 of us saw the show from the front row. It was AMAZING!!!!!! It was my 3rd time to see it but I think I could see it 100 more times and not get tired of it. We were so close we could almost reach out and touch the actors. The best part of the experience was seeing Kristie and Trent's reactions. Trent was the first one to stand during the curtain call and they are already talking about getting the cd. I have one more day with them and I am stoked because I get to celebrate Kristie's birthday wit her in NYC!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm green with envy (pun intended) that you got to see Wicked from the front row! That is awesome!

Leah said...

Ok, now I'm wishing we'd tried the lottery when I was visiting. No fair, you'll probably end up seeing it 20 times in NYC and I'll have to wait for B'ham! I am glad ya'll had a good time and such good fortune. :)

Marie said...

Leah, That was about the 10th time that I have tried to win and I still haven't won. Jordan was the one that won. I doubt we would have won when you were here anyway. I think I am bad luck.

Anonymous said...

Marie,

I can't believe you saw Wicked from the front row!!! I've had fun reading your blog and catching up. I'm not cool enough to have a blog,so email me sometime! :)