Thursday, September 07, 2006

Top 10 Things I Learned on My First Day in Seminary...

 

10. My Theology in Global Context prof is an Asian Dr. Williams who talks like Robin Leach. Now is that a mix or what?

9. I have to go to class with Boys...and lots of them.

8. I'm not the only one with an accent, but I am the only one with a southern one.

7. Theology class with the Asian Dr. Williams/Robin Leach is a good place to make out a to do list for the rest of the afternoon.

6. Alliance people study about Lottie Moon. I am not taking that class this semester but I am sure I will before I am done here. For all of those out there who don't know anything about the Alliance, I say anybody who studies Lottie Moon is ok in my book.

5. When The Graduate School of Mission says that they concentrate on spiritual formation, they really mean it. We are actually doing a devotional book as part of the class. I am pretty sure that I am going to be spiritually stretched further than I knew I could be. This is good though. That is why I chose ATS.

4. At ATS you begin class in prayer and sometimes end in it as well.

3. I am going to be reading ALOT. I already knew this but I was happy to discover that 80% of it looks very interesting.

2. A seminary student should have a Bible with them at all times. Apparently I did not get the memo. I won't make that mistake again.

1. I AM EXACTLY WHERE I AM SUPPOSED TO BE! Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY ~ I am so happy for you. It sounds like things are going great! I am proud of you too...learning so many things in one day and all ;-)

Melissa said...

you look precious. i'm glad the bag is getting use! i miss you, marie, but i'm glad you're right where you need to be!

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Sounds great! Glad you have that "I'm right where I need to be" feeling! That can be so rare sometimes! Have fun learning!

Jennifer said...

As soon as I saw this post, I thought, "Awwww, I love Marie!" I'm glad you like it still. It's a good thing you don't have TV, since you have all of that reading to do. You should learn about Lottie Moon instead of watching So You Think You Cab Dance. Ole Lottie will probably be more beneficial in the long run even if she is no Anne Judson! Keep us updated!

Susan said...

Oh my gosh, Marie... I love the picture. It looks a little like you're getting ready to go to Kindergarten! :)

I am so glad that you liked your first day of classes and that you're happy with where you are. I am proud of you.

Remember... "You're good enough. You're smart enough. And, doggone it, people like you." :)

Marie said...

I love my friends. You all make me so happy! I am glad you are my friends.

Criddy said...

Marie...sorry it's taken me so long to leave you a message...but i'm so glad you know you are suppose to be there. It's a amazing feeling! Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I think that is just GREAT! I like the backpack you are toting there

Marie said...

Yeah, the backpack is fantastic. Some really great people gave it to me. It is perfect!

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear that things are going so well. Here I am getting weepy again. What the heck - you'd think I was pregnant or something. We love you and miss you and are so glad that you have the confirmation of knowing you're where you're supposed to be.

Mammy said...

Marie, Steve and i were talking about you today, and I had been thinking about you lots of times lately. When I finished reading susan's blog post that rambled on and on, I thought of you for some reason and I decided I would click on yours so I could write you a note. This article sounded like what I wanted to know about and I got a cute bonus - the picture. Hope things are going as well as the first day.

Now let me see if I can explain the beginning of our convesation today. The dad of a daughter who goes to seminary in Prague asks, "What in the world made Marie choose a seminary in New York to go to?" like why would anyone go way up there to go to seminary. I didn't try to do much explaining.


Be peaced and I love you.
Mammy

Meg said...

Marie...I am so sad we didnt make it to Six Flags...apparently life gets crazy when you quit your job and have to scramble for a new one. I am so glad that you are happy and that you are liking it! Lets talk sometime!

Anonymous said...

I am shocked to see that no one mentioned the fact that you were going to class with lots of boys. I think that's a great thing. I went to a school with a 7:1 girl to guy ratio. I think your chances are way better! Keep me updated :)