Monday, September 11, 2006

Ok go...our version

 
Katie and Sarah are the girls in the front. Me and Amy are in the back. Abby is taking the picture.

This picture makes me smile. We took this in the city on Saturday. Ok Go has provided us with mucho laughs since we have been here so we just had to take a picture with these posters. It was a perfect day to play in the city. The weather was great and there was lots going on. We came up on a farmer's market which had apple cider donuts. I had never heard of such a thing but everybody raved about them so I bought some for us. Wow, they were awesome. I think I need to learn how to make them. There was also a street fair just below Time Square with lots of cheap stuff to buy. After the street fair we went to Dylan's Candy Bar. It is every child's(and aparently 20 somethings)dream come true. It was very exciting for Katie(my roommate) because she found some candy bars from the UK that she can't get anywhere else in the states. We also went into the famous Bloomingdales for Abby to buy something. Amy found a huge Japanese book store to play in as well. Katie, Sarah, and I found out that it is not so easy to find flip flops in NYC in September. Sarah's flip flop broke as we were walking down the street so we proceeded to try to find flip flops. Sounds easy right? It wasn't. We checked about 10 different places before Sarah decided to just tape the flip flop to her foot. It worked out pretty well. It got her all the way back to the car with no problem. All in All it was a great day. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Looks like a lot of fun, just wish I had been there to laugh with you. I miss you.
Aunt Patty

Melissa said...

HI-larious. I'm so glad you're adusting quickly to NY life.

Criddy said...

I'm coming to NY in Feb....we are taking a girl's trip there with one of our friends who is going over to the dark side of marriage. We are going to fly in on a Thrusday and out on Sunday. Maybe we can meet up!!

Marie said...

Christy, we can so meet up. I can drive into the city one day no problem. WOOHOO!

Susan said...

"I can drive into the city one day." You're such a city girl now, Marie. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...farmer's markets and street fairs...fun candy stores :) What a charmed life you lead! Can I have permission to live vicariously through you? Well, too late. You'll just have to deal with it. :)