Monday, September 25, 2006

My Life in Post It Notes

 

This weekend my cultural immersion class went on a "Life Processing" retreat. We went to an old farmhouse near WestPoint that is a retreat center. It was great time to get to know eachother and ourselves better. We mapped out our life with Post its on poster board and reflected on our life experiences. It was also an opportunity to bond with people that we are going to be spending a lot of time with in the coming months. One of the most memorable moments of the weekend was when some of us decided to hike up to the top of the mountain behind the house we were staying in. What should have only taken about an hour and a half ended up taking about 3 hours. The little girl from Alabama was a little out of her league when it came to hiking. I think it should have actually been called mountain climbing. It was beautiful and we had a lot of fun even though we got lost. I don't think we really followed a trail. That would be too easy. When we got to the top we couldn't go the same way we came because that would be too boring. So, we ended up on the other side of the mountain. We did get to see lots of deer though. They ran right out in front of us several times. I think deer in Alabama are more afraid of people than the ones here. Pa, this should just be more motivation for you to come visit. The biggest lesson I learned from the weekend was to never go hiking with missionaries as your leaders. You never know where you might end up. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love all your pictures! Marie, I really am so happy for you. It looks like you are having a blast. I miss you tons, but its worth it knowing you are definitely right where you need to be. Max and Jax say hello! err..um...purr.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there climbing mountains with you...Soak it up, every little bit!