Sunday, June 29, 2008

You know you're getting old when...

...after a long day in Manhattan all I wanted to do was put my feet up. Wow, I walked alot today. My feet are screaming at me right now but I was loving all the walking around earlier today. Before today I had never seen the Brooklyn Bridge so I decided to make a little trip today to walk across it. Before I got the bridge I made a little detour to Sugar Sweet Sunshine bakery so that I could compare thier cupcakes to Magnolia's. If you aren't familiar with the Manhattan cupcake scene, it is quite fierce competition. Well, For what it's worth...Sugar Sweet Sunshine is FAR superior to Magnolia's.
I have only heard great things about A Chorus Line so I decided to go see it today. A bonus is that Mario Lopez (A.K.A. A.C. Slater from Saved By The Bell) is in it right now. The show was great. I did not love the movie but the stage show was way better.
And here he is...Mario Lopez! He was very nice. As he was signing my playbill I told him I enjoyed the show and thanked him. He then looked up into my eyes and smiled his cute little smile and said it was his pleasure. In the picture he was on the phone with someone who was coming to pick him up.


I tried to get a picture with him too late so here is me with his back. Yeah, I'm being a little silly but it was fun. Two teenage boys got pictures with him that were standing in front of me but it was too late by the time I handed them my camera to take a picture of me. They were funny. They tried to push me up there with him and encouraged me to be just as pushy as everyone else but I refrained. Why is it that I always seem to make friends with gay guys in whatever line I am in? Anyway, they were nice enough to take this picture for me. And another way to know you are getting old... when the teenage heart throbs from your childhood are making comebacks on broadway.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing these fun pics! I wish you could share the cupcakes, too. They sound yummy!

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

that is too fun! Love your pics!

Mandy Mc said...

Woohoo - A.C. Slayter :-) fun times...

Leah said...

I am soooo jealous!! Ahhh, Slater... those dimples still make me melt! Between you getting to meet him and Chanda getting to hang out with NKOTB, I'm feeling a little jealous! Glad you had fun, as your picture shows! :)

Susan said...

You make me laugh, friend.

Mama said...

I was always a Zach girl myself but who's to say I wouldn't go all weak in the knees due to a Slater sighting!