Thursday, June 12, 2008

A little Randomness

I can't seem to post very regularly so I apologize for the randomness of my recent posts. I have been staying very busy with lots of different activities. My birthday was great. I got to hang out with lots of great people! Thanks to every one for all the birthday cards, phone calls, and comments. They helped to make this birthday one of the best!

This is a birthday cake for the mom of the little boy I babysit. Her birthday is the same as mine. Thankfully I had some help with this cake. If you look closely you can see that the design is outlined with tiny little white pearl like sprinkles. Jenny Schepens helped me put them on. Without her help I would have been up all night.


This is the glass plate that inspired the cake design.

The night of my birthday the girls from my small group decided to have a girls night. At about 10pm Anna had the bright idea to go to the beach the next day. As you can tell from the picture everybody agreed. We got up bright and early, made a pit stop at target(that took a little longer than expected) and then headed down to the Jersey shore. I am pretty sure a good time was had by all. Joy, the one in the blue, is getting married this weekend so it was a great way to spend our last weekend with her before she moves off to be married! Speaking of moving...I'm sure going to miss these girls when I move:(

Katie made me a birthday lunch along with this FABULOUS cake! It was funfetti, my favorite! We also had tacos...another favorite. I'm going to miss her too:(
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sarah said...

ahh finally a picture of the cake...love it..its gorgeous...I'm so jealous that you get to be home and hang out with my sister, but I'm happy to share her:)..glad your birthday was awesome!..are you doing your interview before you leave...hopefully...k well happy bday friend..say hi to NYC for me:)

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Marie, you are amazing with your cake decorating skills! That blue cake is beautiful! Glad you had such a wonderful birthday!!

Melissa said...

All the cake pictures make me extremely hungry.

I'm sorry NY is losing you, but I hope it means I'll get to see you more often.

bpeterson said...

Happy Late Birthday from your new reciprocal online stalking friend!