Thursday, June 19, 2008

I love weddings!

So, here it is...my first wedding cake. It's not a big one but I guess you have to start somewhere, right? I was pretty happy with how it turned out.
Here are the new Mr. And Mrs. Zernhelt cutting the cake. It was funfetti because it's thier favorite kind of cake. Thier wedding turned out great, despite the rain. Thankfully it held off until after the ceremony which was beautiful. The wedding was at 5 but the bride and groom did not leave until 10. A boring Southern Baptist wedding in Alabama just can't compare.

Tim and Brittany Harrision are two of my favorite people. It was great to get to hang out with them at the reception. This was one of the most fun weddings I've ever been to. I think it had to do with the fact that people actually danced. We danced all night long. It was great. It rained but I think that only helped to make it better.
Jim and Kendra are two more of my favorite people. They moved to Philadelphia a couple of months ago to plant a church there. It was great to catch up with them!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mama said...

WOW! Gorgeous cake! I love the black and turquoise color scheme.

Rachel said...

I love your cakes! Pretty impressive. Don't forget to let me know when you get back in Alabama. I can't wait to catch up with you.

Marie said...

Abby - Thanks for the compliment. If you know anybody in the b'ham area who might need a cake in the near future feel free to give them my name.

Rachel - I'll be back in Alabama after the 11th. We will most certainly have to get together.

Mandy Mc said...

I always love seeing pictures of your cakes!

SO, am I really going to get to see you soon? :-)

Sheri said...

I must concur with the Southern Baptist statement...my Dad got married this weekend. We made a CD with 3 hours of dance music on it. The only person who decided to sport their moves was my seven-year-old nephew who looked something like a mix of Michael Jackson and Beyonce (don't ask me to demonstrate, please!). Maybe he scared everyone else off, but within one hour, only the family was left! And, being good Southern BAptists, none of them even waltzed!

Unknown said...

So I am glad to see you back. I didn't get to talk with you today. Apparently I am taking a mental leave of absence to deal with things, and a new job mixed in.