Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Newest Cake Creation

This is a practice run for my friend's wedding cake. The wedding is in June so I am just practicing now. This is my first test run. The couple will see it tonight and we'll see if that is what they want to go with or try something else. Of course it did not turn out quite like I had in my head but I don't think it looks bad for a practice run. I have a few things in my head that I would do differently next time...but that's what practice is for.
This is thier invitation where I got the inspiration for the design of the cake.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great job Marie. I like it.

Sheri said...

Marie-- I love your cake! How long have you been doing this...where did you learn? I have long wanted to learn this art myself! Your friend is very lucky to have you making her cake!

Marie said...

Hi Sheri,

That compliment means alot coming from someone as artistic and crafty as you. I took classes at Micheals during the fall. I just started doing it then. I love it..I think I'm a little bit obsessed. The classes are very inexpensive and only once a week so you should look into it. You would be wonderful at it.

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

I LOVE it Marie! You are sooo talanted!

Mandy Mc said...

LOVE it...plus I want to eat it :-) I really like the added touch that the blue/teal offers. When you move to B'ham, you and my mom will have to go take some classes together; she would love it!

Mama said...

Like I said before...mad skills.

I wish you were local so you could make Cecilia's first birthday cake.

Oh and since, unbelievably, no one else commented on NKOTB I feel compelled to. I mean they were the single force that made the world go round when I was 11! John WAS my fave but now I'm thinkin' I've got to go for Joey! Long live NKOTB!