Saturday, May 17, 2008

Da Bronx Zoo

Thursday my friend, Brittany and I spent the day at the most amazing zoo I've ever seen. I pictured the Bronx zoo to be pretty sad. I mean, how much of a zoo can you have in NYC. Well, a whole lot of one apparently. Usually the zoo kind of makes me sad for the animals but I loved everything about this one. Most of the animals were free roaming and the ones that weren't had so much room that they did not even realize that they were caged in.

I think this guy was the grandpa of the group. At one point one of the females came over and sat on the rock above him eating. He just reached up without even looking and grabbed the limb that she was eating off of. That is what you see in front of him. She just looked at him but did not do anything. He looked up as if to say, "what are you going to do about it?" It was hilarious. I think we could have stayed in there all day watching them.
This one liked to pose for us. I think he thought we were the ones in the zoo for him to watch.
I took this from the "Skyfari" which is like the sky buckets at six flags. You can see the city in the background. It is amazing that all of this land is in the middle of the Bronx.
Another favorite part was the sea lions. We timed it so we could see them eat. They did some fun tricks and we found out that they liked yellow shirts. There were some school children there who had on bright yellow shirts and they would follow them around the whole pool. Brittany and I decided that next time we need to wear yellow shirts as well.
They also had a butterfly garden. It was basically a garden in a green house with tons of butterflies everywhere. It was beautiful...I could have stayed in there for a good part of the day if it wasn't so hot.

We took some fun pictures in the children's zoo that I will put in my next post.

No comments: