Monday, May 12, 2008

Even when everybody else forgets.....

I'll still love NKOTB(That's New Kids on The Block for all you old folks..ha ha)! That's the promise that my cousin Kristie and I made to eachother as we drove away from the Civic Center in Birmingham after the concert of the year(maybe our life up to that point). I'm not sure if she remembers it or not but I sure do. Ok, so I am just as guilty of forgetting about them as everybody else is. I no longer sleep on NKOTB sheets or have the curtains. But, I might have the dolls packed up somewhere and I am pretty sure I still have a hot pink hat somewhere with thier name on it. It's been a long time since I thought about them. Well, there was that summer at shocco where we watched all thier videos and marveled at the fact that we still remembered every word and even some of the dance steps.
Anyway, they are going to be on the Today show on Thursday and I just happen to be off on that day. Am I just crazy enough to make the trip down there before dawn in order to get a look at thier new moves? I'm not sure yet but I must admit I am seriously considering it after watching this video http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20199413,00.html.
So, If I do decide to brave the today show crowds I will let you know! Stay tuned. Don't be too dissapointed if I don't get to go though. I do have to close the night before so I will get no sleep. Ugh...is it worth it though? Yes, I know...I'm a little crazy but I have fun!

No comments: