Friday, September 07, 2007

This is what happens when you listen to God...

I just got home from one of if not THE toughest class I have ever had. It is called proclamation and communication. It is basically a basic preaching class with a some communication aspect thrown in there. All of the information is very useful but it is very intimidating. Not only do I have to speak 3 times in class, one of which a 10 minute sermon, but I also have to do 4 exercises. The exercises involve making a website, new blog, applying for a grant, and fundraising, . Yes, these are all good things to know but I have to do all 4 in a semester while doing everything else that I have to do. To say that I am a little freaked out would be an understatement. This class is not even required for my degree but I just felt like it was something that I needed to take. UGH...anyway, for those few people who read this, I would really appreciate your prayers and if you have any suggestions on what I could do for these assignments I could use the input. If anybody needs help setting up a website or relaunching one...please let me know, I would love to help.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Susan is great at setting up websites.
I can't wait to read your sermon!!

Unknown said...

ps,
this is suzanah

Meg said...

Marie! I am so proud to know someone that takes classes that are good for them even when they are hard. You are right about those being good things to know how to do. I will be thinking about you and praying for you as you struggle!

Melissa said...

I can probably lend some assistance in the Web site area if you need it. You may consider doing a site for the Birmingham Chapter of Judson Alumnae. I know it is something we've talked about doing several times. Just a thought.

Mandy Mc said...

I'm happy to be an external reader if you need one. I love reading my friend's brilliant sermons :-) I could also recommend some books on preparing a sermon if that would be helpful to you. Oh, and "you go, girl!"

Marie said...

Thanks for all of the suggestions girls. I have the website thing figured out but Melissa I might need you to be on call if I need some emergency suggestions!

Suzanah and Mandy, Thanks for being willing to read my sermon. I am not sure how "brilliant" it will be but I will certainly aim for it to be moderately intelligent:)

Meg, Thanks for the encouraging words and your prayers!