Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm a nerd.

So, I'm sure if you are reading this I 'm not telling you anything you don't already know but I am a little bit of a nerd. The thing I miss about school is getting to discuss books either while reading them or after finishing them. I have found in the months since graduating that I really took that for granted. So, this brings me to why I am posting today. First, let me say that I was very skeptical of the book that I am reading. In fact, I had not really planned to read it because of the people I had heard talking about it. I figured it was just another feel good Christian fluff book. But, my grandmother had it at her house when I was there a couple of weeks ago so I decided I would give it a try. The book that I am talking about is The Shack by WM. Paul Young. Believe it or not, it is actually pretty good. I am only about half way finished with it but I am enjoying it. I've even found myself underlining in it(example 2 of nerdiness). Now, I'm not a theologian but I've not really found anything that I disagree with theologically yet. Let me repeat that I am not finished with it yet so I might have to amend this post later. But, I was just wondering if any of you out there have read it and what you think about it? If you haven't read it, you should...it's an easy read and not very long.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I haven't read it, but I've seen a lot of people talking about it lately. I'll have to give it a try. And don't feel bad, I love discussing books. I've wished several times that there was a book club or something around here that I could join. (and I underline too).

Our Little Baby! said...

My friend Katie just read it and she said it was AWESOME. She convinced me to go get it and read it. I heard it was great! Let me know what you think..

Sarah said...

yeah it's good...although I wasn't able to quite finish it and I can't seem to find it now.
get's you out of your box of thinking...which is probably why people have a hard time with it.

Unknown said...

Marie! I am reading it now!!