Thursday, April 10, 2008

Do I really deserve a Master's Degree?

Ok, so maybe the title is a little harsh on myself but it is how I am feeling at the moment. I am in the middle of trying to study for my comps which are on Tuesday. This is basically the biggest test that I have ever had to take. At least that is how I feel right now. How I do on this test determines if I get to graduate or not. It will consist of 4 essays that I will have about 2 hours per essay to write. I basically have to explain everything that I have learned in the past 4 semesters. Let me tell ya, its a lot of info. Sadly, I must not have been paying very close attention in some of my classes because I'm having a hard time remembering everything. First of all, I do not study very well. And secondly, I am feeling very ADD and overwhelmed. I am not even sure where to begin and how to go about studying for this. I have gotten some great encouragement and advice from friends who have already taken it but the main problem is I just can't focus. Anyway...there is my rant for today. With all of that said, please pray for me between now and Tuesday the 15th at 4:00 when it will all be over with. Pray that I can focus and that I can somehow organize it all in my head in a logical manner so that I will be able to spit it back out coherently on Tuesday.

7 comments:

Leah said...

Marie, you are already in my prayers, but I'll certainly concentrate on your focusing and recall abilities from now until Tuesday. I'm sure you know/remember more than you think and are jut too overwhelmed to feel calm about it. Pray, pray, pray for peace about this! Remember to get a good night's sleep the night before, and keep a book with the topic you're struggling with most under your pillow. Who knows, osmosis could work! :) I know you're going to do a great job! Love ya!

Criddy said...

If I can pass Spanish you can do this. Heck, if I can be in a master's program, then you have this nailed. You'll do fine. You're great! Go Marie! I'll wear my lucky pink shorts on Tuesday under my clothes and think of you!

Mandy Mc said...

I'm thinking about you friend. I know how overwhelming and isolating comps can be even when you do have people trying to support you. I will say (even though I'm not sure if it will help) that you tend to remember more than you think you will when you finally get into that little room. I'll also say that it helped me to remember that my examiners were not out to get me. They wanted to give me an opportunity to show them what I knew and were not trying to trap me by exposing everything I didn't know. And YOU, my friend, have learned and KNOW A LOT! I love you and am looking forward to Tuesday at 4 on your behalf :-)

Mama said...

You'll do AWESOME Marie! You're in my prayers...Tuesday the 15th at 4pm will be great!

Sarah said...

of course you do!!!! three more days and the hell will be over...cry, laugh, eat lots of cake and candy, scream, go get a pedicure, whatever it takes..don't worry about being sane..you'll be sane at 4:30 on Tuesday...and you're gonna do awesome..call me when you're done writing..cuz that's the important thing..we know you're gonna pass..I'll be praying!

Melissa said...

Friend, you know you have my prayers. I'm so excited about you getting your degree! I can't wait to see you on Friday. We'll have all sorts of reasons to celebrate!

Mandy Mc said...

Be sure to post a picture of that cake I just KNOW you are decorating about now :-)