Thursday, February 14, 2008

Nothing exciting

There is nothing very exciting going on right now so I thought that I would just take this opportunity to update everybody on what is coming up in my life over the next few months and answer some questions that I have been getting from people. Here is a list of a few things you might or might not be interested in knowing.

1. It has been a very slow start to my last semester of seminary. I have not had any
motivation. All I have wanted to do is lay in my bed and watch t.v. and movies. Thankfully,
I seem to be back to normal and I have actually already written one paper today and half of
another one! I'll have it finished before the end of the day.
2. Due to the above noted lack of motivation I have had to ask for an extension on a paper for
the first time in my life.
3. My comprehensive exam is April 15th and I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time I
think about it. This pretty much says if I graduate or not.
4. Susan is coming to NYC in a couple of weeks which means that we get to have a playdate in
the city one day while she is here!
5. Chris and Lacy are coming to visit for Spring Break. I can't wait to show them around.
Showing people New York City for the first time is like seeing it for the first time yourself. I
know they are going to love it. And, I actually get to see a show that I haven't seen yet so
that is way exciting!
6. I will be moving back to Alabama in May and I have no idea what I will be doing. I have to
pay off my school loans before I can go overseas with the CMA. I need a high paying, low
stress job that will enable me to pay back all my loans rather quickly. Anybody have any
ideas?
7. I'm excited about all the new babies that I will get to play with when I come home. As well as
all of my babies that aren't babies anymore.
8. No, 2 years of seminary did not provide any prospective husbands for me so there is no need
to ask. That is not what I came here for so I am ok with that. Someone will come along in
God's timing and at peace with that...now I just have to get everybody else that cares about
me to be at peace with that as well.
9. I have made some really wonderful friends here and I am going to be sad to leave them.
10. There are still so many places to go and shows to see in the city. Unfortunately that takes
time and money...two things I don't have much of. Oh well...I am very fortunate to have
been able to do everything that I have already done so I will just remember that.
11. I'm going on our Graduate School of Mission winter retreat this weekend so maybe next
week I will have some fun pictures to show. I am really looking forward to spending some
quality time with God and seeing what he is going to do this weekend.

11 comments:

"The Transplanted Yankee" said...

I have to tell you...I'm super pumped about you moving back down here!

Unknown said...

Marie, I must tell you how proud I am of you for following God's calling in your life. I know that He will provide a spouse for you in His time, and thanks for being obedient to Him. I'll be happy to have you back as well... but I hope that it isn't too long before you get to the place where you are meant to be.

Laura Forman said...

Thanks for the update...what a fun way to do it :) I must say I am also excited that you will be back in time to see Sadie after she is born :) YAY!! :) What a blessing, it might be the only child I have that you get to see this soon after their birth!! We will take what we can get huh?? :) I love you friend!!!!

Mandy Mc said...

Glad you updated, friend! I can totally relate on the not being motivated thing. I just keep thinking, "if I can make it through the next 6 weeks..." Congrats on getting some papers done though - that's awesome!

Meg said...

I have two job suggestions...that fit your criteria. Prostitution and nanny-ing. I havent tried the first, although I met a woman here this week who was formerly a woman in prostitution and she claims it helped her witness to men. Um, yeh. I have tried the second. I found a wonderful family to work for and have loved every minute of it. You might have to move to a bigger city....but its easy and there is good money, insurance, and vacation involved!

Sarah said...

hang in there....you'll be done soon! and call me whenever you need answers for comp stuff..it's all on this laptop right here..I'll be happy to forward on anything to you...(helpful hint):
go to the nail place right outside of JC Penny's, sit in those chairs and let those wonderful chairs do the trick. Molly and i often made stops there in midst of our evil studying....

Our Little Baby! said...

Colonial Life is def the way to go.. GREAT MONEY/VERY FLEXIBLE. Call me when you get a chance. If you decide to do this there is some stuff you might want to do before you get home that way you could get started right away!!!

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Marie, I'm so excited for you...all that you've done and all that is yet to come.

2 job suggestions: Nanny---great money, if you get a good family, not super stressful!

or

being a receptionist and living at home (the path i am currently taking) it has turned out to be a great day to pay off some bills while not having any others.

Marie said...

Friends, thank you so much for all of your encouragement and job ideas. I will certainly be prayerfully considering all of them, well maybe not the prostituion one. Although, that witnessing to men is quite commical. I am so excited to get home and spend some time with all of you. I thank God often for my wonderful friends and what an amazing blessing you all are.

Mama said...

So glad this chapter of your life is coming to a close. You've accomplished a goal you set for yourself AND your coming home to Bama. Two birds, right? I know I am getting in a long line of folks wanting to see you when you set foot back in Dixie but just let me know when and where and we'll hang out...plus I can bring the cutest baby in the world. (Do you like how I use my daughter for bribery?) Don't worry too much about the job thing...it'll happen when its meant to happen. :)

"The Transplanted Yankee" said...

Hey I tagged you, so read my blog. Don't hate me. :)