Friday, June 08, 2007

Tea Time and Sushi!

 
Molly, Sarah and Katie took me into the city for my birthday on Wed. First we went to Magnolia's(a trendy bakery in the Village) and got cupcakes. Then we went to "Tea-rific" in Chinatown. It is a chinese tea house that has great bubble tea. We had nice tea and conversation. It was the perfect end to a great birthday. The picture is just of Katie and me. We look very buisness like because it was rather chilly so we had to wear jackets. Sorry, I don't have a picture of all 4 of us who were there.
 
Friday night I got very lucky and walked into work to find somebody wanting to pick up my shift. Some of my friends were having a "make your own sushi" party so I very quickly agreed to not work. Making my own sushi was rather fun since I am pretty picky about my sushi. This picture is of my rolling my sushi. Impressed?
 
Isn't it beautiful? I must say I was pretty impressed with my first attempt. In case you are wondering what I put in my roll, it was carrots, avacado, and cucumber. No crab or any other raw meat for me!
 
It was very yummy, if I do say so myself!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Criddy said...

I had spicy tuna sushi the other day and thought I was going to hurl! It was the worst thing I had ever put in my mouth! Some how they convinced me to eat a California roll that was cooked and had crab. It was a little bit better but I'm not going to run out and buy any!

Bekah said...

Oh Marie, how grown up and sophisticated you are! And I can't believe I didn't call you on your birthday! You can ask Fuller, I was talking about it at the end of May and saying how I was gonna get you a specific present. I guess the hustle and bustle of life clouded everything and I forgot. I am the worst! Well, I'll still get the present and I'll grovel when I see you! :) Love you bunches!