Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It's Official!

The past few days have been very exciting. I will officially be attending Nyack Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, New York in the fall. I spent the beginning of the week visiting and taking care a few small details. The people are very nice and the town is cute. It is not far outside of NYC but far enough that its not crazy like living in the city. I got to see where I will probobly be living and I met with my advisor and got my schedule figured out. I can't wait to get back up there and get started. I will be getting a Masters in Intercultural Studies from the Alliance Graduate School of Missions. What I love about ATS is that it not only offers a great intellectual experience but there is a large emphasis on spiritual formation. I think it is going to be a perfect fit. Now I just have to get through the summer without going crazy.


A view of the street downtown. Its so cute!


This is a view from one of the buildings on campus. It is a beautiful view of the Hudson River.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

You're living with me! How could you possibly go crazy this summer? ;-)

Unknown said...

I think Melissa would drive me crazy too Marie!!

I miss Nyack and I am so excited about you going there. I am working on sending another Friend of ours up there as well.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Marie! I'm so excited for you and glad I got to see some of your pics from the trip. I only wish I had gotten to hear more about it when I was in AL. Good luck surviving the summer. I'm sure if you do go crazy it won't be from living with Melissa...it will be from living with her crazy cats ;-)

Marie said...

Just for the record. Melissa is not driving me crazy. It is my insane job that is going to be my downfall. Only 2 months left. WOOHOO!!!!!

Melissa said...

seeeeeee..marie said it her self. i do not drive her crazy. i think i'm a good roommate, actually. i think marie will have lots of jewels in her crown from this job!

Mandy said...

Marie,
That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you! If you need anything please let me know! I hope you have a wonderful summer!

Anonymous said...

hey marie! leigha and i were talking about you and new york today and we both want to come visit together, if you wouldnt mind. maybe around thanksgiving... leigha will tell you more! i also wanted to apologize for missing your birthday, camp has been hectic and i do good to remember my own name! i hope you can forgive me and take my belated birthday greeting. i hope 666 wasnt to bad of a day for you! when do you actually go to new york? i will be back in birmingham on july 31 maybe we can go get mexican before you leave! email me... tcoley@charter.net .... its the only communication that i have that doesnt get dropped! love you