Thursday, August 09, 2007


This week has been so hot that I have not wanted to do anything. I have barely even wanted to eat so cooking has been out of the question. It finally cooled down today so I wanted to cook. After watching an old episode of Top Chef I decided I wanted to cook meatloaf. I was in an adventureous mood so I decided to make up my own recipe and it turned out quite well if I do say so myself. Everybody else seemed to enjoy it as well. It turned out to be an Italian style meatloaf complete with a homemade sauce on top. That's right folks, no ketchup on this meatloaf. I made fried okra for the second time in my life. People in the north don't eat it. I try to do my party and introduce them to the fine vegetable that is okra. Anyway, nothing exciting has happend this week so I have resorted to blogging about food. If you are still reading this then your week must have been as exciting as mine. This time next week I will be at a Yankees game so hopefully I will have something a little more interesting to blog about.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

hannah/sk's mommy said...

Oooh, that fried okra looks awesome! Will you make me some at Christmas?

Meg said...

Yeh for cooking! Thats exciting...I am glad you are sharing the love of okra with the rest of the world. Are you still enjoying seminary?

Marie said...

I am glad that you guys actually read my blog about Okra...I wonder sometimes if anybody even reads it anymore. Meg, Yes I still enjoying seminary...I am actually ready to get started on my second year right now!

Mandy Mc said...

I'm insanely impressed with the okra. I may need to take lessons from you on frying things. I tried to fry squash earlier this summer and they were not so good.

Melissa said...

That looked tasty! Michael's mom made some squash stuffing last night that was pretty tasty. You should check that out. I miss getting to eat the food you cook!

Marie said...

Mandy, I might not be the best to teach you how to fry. I burned my toes and I actually detest having to clean up after frying. Melissa, squash stuffing sounds delish...you should send me the recipe!