Monday, August 14, 2006

Unemployed

As of last Friday at 5:30pm I am officially unemployed. It feels great. It has been a tough month telling all of my kids bye. It has also been tough telling people I work with good-bye. This morning I was lazy for the first part of the day just because I could. After I was lazy I got up and got to work. I made a little progress anyway. I got most of my books packed up and then organized stuff for scrapbooks into nifty little storage containers. I spent most of my afternoon going through old pictures, cards, and letters. I found myself thanking God for my friends. I have to say that I have the best friends a girl could have. Several of the cards made me just crack up laughing.

As I started packing today, I started to get a little nervous about getting everything in my car. I know it is all going to fit but I am just going to have to be creative to get it all in. Anyway, for the next two weeks I will be trying to do some last minute errands and trying to make the rounds to see everybody before I leave. I have a feeling the next two weeks are going to go by very fast.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Good job with the packing, Marie. And you should take time to be lazy a little bit--it's good for you. I hope I get to see you before you go. I'll have to work on that.

Marie said...

I hope I get to see you too Heather.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you finally get to have a break! I can't wait to see you next weekend! I know that we will have lots of fun! And..we can pack, pack, pack! I have gotten pretty good at doing it! I love you! :)

Anonymous said...

Still proud of you, Marie. Especially since today is the 29th of August and you are EXACTLY where you are supposed to be!!! Dont you feel FREE? Sincerely, Yo Mama "feelin free in the ATL"